6 High-Impact Tips On Creating an Ecommerce Website
With eCommerce expanding, particularly in light of thousands of physical stores closing due to the pandemic, your eCommerce website must stand out. Customers are more likely to purchase from a well-designed, intuitive and contemporary site.
Here are some tips to ensure your eCommerce website generates sales and encourages return customers.
1. Keep Your Website Simple
One of the most important things to remember during the eCommerce design process is “KISS”—keep it simple, stupid!
When it comes to eCommerce website design, simplicity is always preferable. The more things you include on a page, the more it detracts from the web site’s primary objective—increasing traffic and sales.
Maintain a clean, uncluttered and basic design and focus on the buying process.
2. Prioritise Branding
The first thing potential customers see is your branding. They want to feel safe doing business with you.
Your site’s design should guide visitors through the buying process and make them feel at ease. You want a website that not only shows you’re a credible, existing business but also that you’re invested in providing good service.
3. Upgrade Your Website’s Mobile-Responsiveness
Mobile browsing is becoming increasingly common as people use their iPads, tablets and smartphones to shop online.
Depending on your target audience and the products you sell, being mobile-friendly may be necessary, so include items on your eCommerce website design checklist such as large clickable buttons, optimised text and navigation that’s easy for your audience to use.
4. Simplify the Checkout Process
Nothing is more frustrating than a long and arduous checkout process. That’s why it’s essential to keep it simple and allow customers to feel confident in their purchases. Here’s what to keep in mind in regards to checkout.
- Make your checkout process seamless and straightforward.
- Ask for as little personal information as possible.
- Use an SSL (Secure Socket Layer) to ensure online transactions are safe.
- Ask for a signature at the time of delivery to ensure the product reaches your customer in perfect condition.
- Add a “Pay later” option on your website that allows customers to purchase your products while they pay later.
- Offer a money-back guarantee.
5. Follow the Best SEO Practices
SEO is an integral part of any eCommerce website. You want your site to be easily found by potential customers. No one wants to spend hours scrolling through the search results, looking for a site that sells the item they want.
- You can ensure customers easily find your site by following these simple SEO best practices.
- Include a unique and keyword-rich domain name.
- Keep your site updated to ensure keyword-rich content and well-written content.
- Optimise your website with keywords.
- Link your site to other sites that rank high in the search engine results.
- Include a search button on your site to allow customers to search your site easily.
6. Integrate Your Website With Social
Sharing your products and ideas with your social media audience is almost more important than your actual website.
Satisfied customers are likely to share their experience on social media—it’s a great way to generate awareness.
An eCommerce website design that integrates with social media is invaluable to grow your brand and increase sales.
When it comes to beating the competition, your eCommerce website design is one of the ways you can gain the upper hand and attract more customers.
Incorporating these tips into your website’s design will help you develop an eCommerce website that not only appears professional but also generates sales and encourages return customers.
Are you looking for a reliable website design in Wagga Wagga? We at JAM Digital specialise in digital marketing, web design and responsive website development. Please browse through our website to learn more!